The community of Sainte-Ode is right in the middle of the province of Belgian Luxemburg and therefore in the heart of the Ardennes. West of Sainte-Ode is Saint-Hubert, south is Bouillon. North are La Roche and Durbuy (the smallest city of the world) and east Houffalize and Bastogne (Tip: Bastogne War Museum).
The perfect basis for a variety of ways to enjoy your holidays!
- Roumont (Sainte-Ode)
- Amberloup (Sainte-Ode)
- Houmont (Sainte-Ode)
Hiking: Sainte-Ode is a paradise for hikers. The commune of Sainte-Ode has 268 km of well indicated trails as well as an up-to-date map that is available at our camping site. You can also download some of the trails ( www.sainte-ode-tourisme.be or www.cirkwie.be).
- Grand Transardennaise
- Bois Cousin (Sainte-Ode)
Cycling: nice cycling trails for tour bike or MTB at your disposal. New: Electric bicycles for rent at the camp site. We have a good co-operation with a rental company for MTB, who provide you with all kind of nice trails. Free GPS-trails available at our reception!
New: 2-Day cycle tour Tonny – Woltzdal (Luxembourg) - Tonny. ± 70 km per day. You only need to cycle, we take care of the rest (housing, breakfast, dinner, luggage transport). Please contact us for more information!
Tennis: At 3 km from our camp site is a tennis court. You can make your reservation with us.
- omgeving Sainte-Ode
- Tennis Club Lavacherie
Tips to visit:
● Typical Arden villages: Houffalize, Bastogne, Durbuy, La Roche, Saint-Hubert
● Bouillon, with her famous château
● Arlon, city with the remains of Roman times
● Redu, the book-village
● Shopping: Bastogne, Marche-en-Famenne, Pommerloch, Luxemburg
● Wildpark ‘Parc du Gibier’ in St Hubert, little park with playground for the kids
● The caves of Hotton/ Han/ Rochefort
● Museum; Bastogne War Museum
● Rock climbing and abseiling, withe water kayak courses, caving, orienteerings
● Horse riding on an Iceland horse, Tenneville
● Chateaux Lavaux-Sainte Anne, a château from the 13th century (www.chateau-lavaux.com)
● Kayaking on the Ourthe (La Roche) or Semois (Bouillon)
● Brewery in Achouffe (La Chouffe beer)
● Abbey of Orval, where the trappists brew their beer.
- Castle lavaux-Sainte Anne
- La Roche-en-Ardenne